On Monday 25 January 2010 10:03:35 Steve Bogdanski wrote:
> I have noticed a couple people talking about the current poor performance
> of NOD32 as an antivirus solution in this thread.  I am just wondering
> which version(s) people were using and what problems they were
> experiencing.  The main reason is that we finally rolled out NOD32 to ~900
> computers this last summer/fall and have had excellent results so far from
> using it.  We are on v4.x if anyone is curious.
>

> Stephen Bogdanski
> Information Technology Center
> College of Veterinary Medicine
> Michigan State University

The problem I am seeing with nod is that it isn't catching anything new.  I
suppose it caught a few new things but compared with Webroot it seems
to be sorely lacking.  I first noticed this around Christmans 2008 and for
the rest of the year the problem has been getting worse.  In testing over
the last several months Webroot has seemed to be better at catching
crud than anyone else I've tried.

I've heard comments on a bake off between AV packages, and want to
learn more.  NOD32 was so good when I first discovered it.  *sigh*

--STeve Andre'
Political Science