A funding opportunity from Dave Matty at NSF.
Begin forwarded message:
Date: January 19, 2010 11:00:12 AM GMT-05:00
Subject: Please share
David J. Matty, Ph.D.
Division of Undergraduate Education
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Blvd., Suite 835
Arlington, VA 22230
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
NOAA’s Office of Education (OEd) has issued a request for applications for informal/nonformal science education projects that engage the public in activities that utilize emerging and/or advanced technologies and leverage NOAA assets to improve understanding and stewardship of the local and global environment. There is specific interest in projects that use emerging and/or advanced technologies to (1) facilitate outdoor experiences involving scientific inquiry and exploration of the natural world apart from formal K-12 curricula and (2) visualize, display, and interpret data to improve understanding and provide a systems perspective of Earth's dynamic processes. All projects must focus on one or more of the following informal/nonformal science education activities:
- Technologically facilitated outdoor experiential learning for youth and adults;
- Public participation in science related to one or more of NOAA's mission goals;
- Exhibitions and online programs allowing the visualization and exploration of data supporting the interpretation of ocean, coastal, Great Lakes, weather and climate sciences for public audiences;
- Spherical display system (including NOAA's Science On a Sphere) installations and programming; and
- Professional development programs and training programs for informal/nonformal education staff.
Letters of Intent are required. The deadline for letters of intent is 5:00 PM EST February 16, 2010.
The deadline for full applications is 5:00 PM EDT on April 6, 2010.
An informational teleconference with the program officers will occur on January 21, 2010 at 3:30 PM EST. Interested applicants are required to register and will receive the call-in information by contacting [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] and include in the Subject line of the email: "Interested in FFO Teleconference - Need Details." Please provide the interested parties’ names, institutions and telephone numbers in the body of the message.
For further information please visit: http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/funding_opps.html <http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/funding_opps.html>
For automated updates on this funding opportunity, we recommend you subscribe to our RSS feed at http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/funding_opps_feed.xml <http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/funding_opps_feed.xml> .