Gary,

The paper listed below is available through the Professional Development Collection database on EBSCO.  Most university and community college libraries should have access.

--Maureen Leshendok

Maureen Leshendok

Reference Department

Elizabeth Sturm Library

Truckee Meadows Community College

775-674-7602

>>> Gary Glesener <[log in to unmask]> 1/27/2010 4:44 PM >>>
Hi David,

I just so happen to have a paper sitting on my desk that I've been meaning to read which just might lead you to what you are looking for.

Edelson, D. C., Gordin, D. N., & Pea, R. D. (1999). Addressing the Challenges of Inquiry-Based Learning through Technology and Curriculum Design. The Journal of the Learning Sciences, 8(3/4), 391-450.

Quote from the abstract:
"We have been exploring these challenges through a program of research on the use of scientific visualization technologies to support inquiry-based learning in the geosciences."

Hope this helps.

Gary Glesener

M.A. Student

Psychological Studies in Education

Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, UCLA

and

Director,
The Modeling and Educational Demonstrations Laboratory (MEDL)
Earth & Space Sciences, UCLA

595 Charles Young Drive East,
Box 951567
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567