Colleagues:

We are excited to announce the launch of an online testing site for the
Geoscience Concept Inventory (GCI). The GCI WebCenter site (
http://gci.lite.msu.edu/) is designed to provide opportunities for online
testing, development of new GCI questions by the community of users, and
expert validation of existing and new GCI questions.

We are launching the online testing portion of the WebCenter in time for the
start of the Spring 2010 semester. The WebCenter is fully functional and
allows you to generate a test, enroll a roster of students, and receive an
auto-generated report within 24 hours after the test is completed. You will
also be able to administer an online test to your students at any point in
the semester (Students login to the Testing Center site:
http://gcitest.lite.msu.edu/adm/login).

The WebCenter is a work in progress and we are asking for your help. As this
is the initial launch of the WebCenter, we are encouraging all users to
describe problems they encounter with the system: What works? What doesn’t?
What suggestions do you have to improve the usability? We hope that this
process will be mutually beneficial, providing online testing and analysis
functions to you and an opportunity for feedback for us. In the end, we hope
this website will provide the community with a self-contained tool to
generate assessments and anonymous research data that will be available to
everyone.

We look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please feel
free to email Emily Geraghty Ward ([log in to unmask]).

Sincerely,

The GCI WebCenter Team (Emily Geraghty Ward, Stuart Raeburn, Julie Libarkin,
Gerd Kortemeyer, Steve Anderson)

Acknowledgment: Development of the GCI WebCenter site was supported through
a grant from the National Science Foundation (DUE-0717790).

--
Emily Geraghty Ward, PhD
Geocognition Research Lab