At 12/2/2009 10:50 AM Wednesday, Clifford Beckett wrote:

>Is HP still the best out there?

What do you mean, "still"?  It has been years since we have
recommended HP products, not so much because of their hardware (which
still seems good enough) but because of the crapware that gets
installed with any HP stuff.  I second Gary's response about
alternatives such as Dell.  A couple years back I myself got stuck
with a little Brother HL-2040, but after I used it I liked it enough
to buy one for myself at home -- this little model does not meet your
requirements, but my experience would lead me to consider more
Brothers.  I also regularly see Samsung printers rated pretty highly.

-- dkm