From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Wiggins
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 10:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Let's break this down

Apparently I've caused a bit of tempest in the teapot.  I'lve had one jackass hang up on me and another threaten me.  Wow!  We alll need less drama.

So let's all simmer down, myself included.

Here are the points I was trying to make:

1. MSU has made an intitutional statement that students and staff must use mail.msu.edu to receive official e-mail.

2. MSU's official central e-mail system is mail.msu.edu.

3.Most people use Gmail or another provider for their e-mail.  If most of the MSU community doesn't use mail.msu.edu, then therefore they need an obvious way to auto-forward.

4. Mail.msu.edu hides the auto forward function. The expected options are along a ribbon bar as one would expect.  The most important option on mail.msu.edu is hidden under an obscure label of "MSU Prefs."

So let's make this clear: the leading land grand university hides how to receive communications from the institution.  This is not optimal.

Folks, I've mostly laid under radio silence for a year.  I will now go back into silence.  Googbye and good luck.