From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 4:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] A note about MSU's first e-mail system, circa 1983 --
and in 2009

Rich,

You may have misundestood Chris's question, as I had the same problem with
the strong wording of your statement.  It sounded like you meant that MSU
demands that everyone have an e-mail account outside of MSU, and then that
everyone have all their MSU e-mail forwarded to that account, which would be
absurd.  I think you only meant that MSU will send official mail only to
msu.edu addresses, which means users need do nothing if they already get
their mail at msu.edu, but those who use a foreign system must *then*
forward their msu.edu mail to their foreign address.  Did I get that right?
I think that's all that Chris was wondering about.

Regards,
-- dkm