On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 02:33:55PM -0400, Steven M. Plemmons wrote:

> Sorry for the off topic, but who better to trust than my fellow IT People.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed dropped calls on campus using
> Verizon Wireless.  I have never had this problem before, but I upgraded
> my phone late this summer to the HTC Ozone and it worked fine like every
> other VW phone that I have had over the years for a couple months.  The
> problem now is that I repeatedly drop calls, in Wells Hall where my office
> is located.
>
> If I watch the signal indicator on it will report 3-4 bars and then just
> drop away to nothing for about one second and come back to 3-4 bars.

There seem to be a few dead spots here and there.  They seem consistent -
eg in the same place each time.    This seems to be true of all the
carriers, but the spots are in different places.

Some are understandable, most inside some place surrounded by a
lot of concrete.    Interior bathrooms are common dead spots for
all of the carriers.   But, others are hard to figure.

On average, it seems like Verizon coverage is about the most complete,
but it isn't perfect.

Anyway, that is my exerience combined with others I talk with.

////jerry