Dave Gift mentioned this was in the works at the June 2009 IT Conference,
but I havenıt heard anything ³official² yet, although I have lots of
questions.  Some in the department I work in are asking about it.

-t

On 9/30/09 1:15 PM, "Olson, III Dean" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have a professor here in the department who uses Google Apps calendaring for
> personal use.  When he created his Google Apps account he used his MSU email
> address as his username.  Until late last night this was never an issue.
>
> Now when he signs in he gets a prompt from Google Apps saying his MSU email
> address is already in use.  When he does a search for msu.edu heıs redirected
> to a Google Apps login which looks like itıs been customized for MSU.  This
> leads us to believe there must be some agreement now between Google and MSU.
> However when he tries to sign in with his email address in question on this
> customized page the password is incorrect and this is even the case when he
> supplies his MSUNet ID password.
>
> Does anyone have any idea if MSU now has something going with Google Apps?
> Thanks.
>
> Dean
>

> Dean Olson
> Systems Administrator
> Department Of Economics
> Michigan State University
>
> (517)432-2284

Troy Murray
Information Technologist II
Michigan State University
Clinical Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI)
Biomedical Research & Informatics Core (BRIC) Department
100 Conrad Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: 517-432-4248
Fax: 517-353-9420