While not official, and I am not exactly certain with whom I was speaking, my understanding is that MSU was in negotiations with iTunesU (http://www.apple.com/education/mobile-learning/ near the bottom of the page).

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      College of Arts and Letters          |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            320 Linton Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-0778 Fax: (517) 355-0159 |
On Tuesday 08 September 2009 11:09:45 Aldrich, Dak wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Some time ago, i heard a rumor that MSU may / may not be in talks with
> Apple over an agreement for a series of iTunes servers, or some system
> that would allow Faculty to share iTunes libraries to other computers
> on campus so that students may do listening exercises and other
> homework involving audio, remotely.
>
> Does anyone know if this was in fact true, or what has or is becoming
> of that?
>
> Being in Music, our faculty have been screaming (yes, some of them
> have gotten rather loud about it) for something like this for...
> well... since i've been here.  I am aware of StoreMedia, which is a
> great thing, however, i will be forever showing people how to upload
> and stream media through that, if i even try and open that door.
>
> Thanks for any input anyone might have.
>
> -dak

I wonder if something like icecast could help you?  You might take a
look at http://www.icecast.org/

--STeve Andre'