On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 17:06 -0400, David Benjamin wrote:
> Sean,
>
> How do you get around the limitations and performance issues of NTFS
> running on top of NTFS or do you just throw hardware at it?
>
> Throw hardware at it, we have 8 dual-quad core amd servers with 32GB
> memory running the VMs. No problems. Although the VM's are actually
> running through 2GB bonded iSCSI on the NetApp SAN just three feet
> away. NetApp is some flavor of *nix.

<soapbox>
The "flavor of *nix" is FreeBSD, which is found just about everywhere
and in just about anything.
</soapbox>

Quote from blogs.netapp.com

"Interestingly, our advanced ONTAP GX architecture is built on top of a
full UNIX release. We took Data ONTAP, including WAFL and RAID, combined
it with the new code from our Spinnaker acquisition, and hosted the
combined result on FreeBSD in a combination of user processes and kernel
modules. For security and simplicity we have disabled and hidden many
parts of FreeBSD."

Also for more info.

Barry