Richard Wiggins wrote:
> But keep in mind the issue of preservation.  Unless you are religious
> about making a DVD out of the video on the hard drive, you're going to
> erase it, and then it's gone forever.  With Mini DV or an in-camera
> DVD burner, all you have to do is label it after you shoot it.

Well, for what was described (and for what we do), long term storage
doesn't seem to be an issue really.  After a few months, the hiring
cycle seems to be over, and we remove the files from where we allow
people to get access to them.  And we'd still have to import the video
anyway, because we need them available on a computer, not having someone
borrow the one copy on a mini DV or dvd.

(We actually reuse the tapes once it's been transfered.)