1.    Biofules Survey

Please take time to participate in an online survey on biofuels that the 2009 ROKS students have created.

Please click on this link to take the survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4NSbrqpH8X198prHYMabRA_3d_3d
(you may also copy and paste this link into a new browser window)

Please complete the survey no later than October 10th, so it can be analyzed soon after that.

By completing this survey, you are helping the ROKS students gather data to complete our semester-long research projects.  The nine of us are in charge of designing this survey, administering it local Michigan residents, analyzing the data, and creating posters displaying our results.

Your participation is voluntary, and your answers will remain anonymous.  Your honest answers to all of our survey questions will help us get high quality data to complete our semester-long projects, so we value your participation.  You should be able to complete this survey in about 10-12 minutes.

2.    Urgent Risk and Crop Management Information!

The Supplemental Revenue Assistance program (SURE) in the 2008 Farm Bill provides benefits for total farm crop revenue losses due to natural disasters. SURE replaces the Ad Hoc Crop Disaster Programs. Producers with qualifying losses are eligible to receive 60% of the differe4nce between the SURE disaster program guarantee and the actual farm crop revenue. In order for a producer to be eligible for the  SURE program, all crops grown that could earn more than 5% of the expected total  farm crop revenue must be covered by federal crop insurance or FSA’s Non-insurable Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP). The deadline for insuring all perennial forage crops and wheat is September 30, 2009 and November 20, 2009 for perennial fruit crops. Information on SURE is available from FSA and MSU Extension and online at www.msu.edu/~betz
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html