Below is a message from President Hass from Grand Valley State University.  For those of you that knew and/or have worked with Oliver, you will know that his dedication and support of students and KCP is a major loss.  Oliver passed on August 31, 2009

KCP Staff

Message from President Hass:

It is with profound sadness that I write this morning to tell you that our treasured colleague, Oliver Wilson, Dean of Multicultural Affairs, passed away today.  Please join me in extending our sympathies to Sandy and their family.  Oliver's contributions to Grand Valley were significant and he will be deeply missed.  Below you will find a link to GVNow which will carry additional details as well as funeral information when it becomes available. www.gvsu.edu/gvnow

Very Respectfully,

Thomas J. Haas, President

Visitation and Donations:

Visitation for Oliver Wilson, dean of Multicultural Affairs, will be on Thursday, September 3, from 1-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at the Gillespie- Moody Funeral Home, 1865 Eastern Ave. SE in Grand Rapids.

Visitation will also be held on Friday, September 4, at 10 a.m. at the Kentwood Community Church, 1200 60th St. SE in Kentwood, prior to the funeral service, which will be held at Kentwood Community Church at 11 a.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the “Oliver Wilson Fund” for the benefit of the family at any Huntington Bank location.

Wilson’s family welcomes the campus community to sign and view the online guestbook and leave condolences at www.legacy.com.

Sheree Price

Higher Education Consultant

Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth

201 N. Washington Square

Victor Office Center, 3rd Floor

Lansing, MI  48913

(517) 335-5846 Office