While I have not independently confirmed it, my understanding is that starting with Windows 7 IPv6 is the default, and IPv4 has to be added back into the mix for it to be recognized. However, this does not explain the ping success, nor why it works at home. Have you setup the Windows Activation server?

As you can tell I am beginning to grasp at straws, but I can see how this will affect how things run here if it has this type of issues. Please let us know how things resolve if you are able to resolve them!