On Jul 24, 2009, at 11:54 AM, STeve Andre' wrote:
> [...]

Steve,

For FTP server, I usually use ftp3.us.freebsd.org, ftp11.us.freebsd.org
or ftp15.us.freebsd.org
For cvsup (for ports/source/etc.) I usually use cvsup15.freebsd.org,
which is the local mirror in the Eng Building. Barring that, I'd use
cvsup8.freebsd.org or cvsup6.us.freebsd.org

buffalo.edu runs several ftp sites and a couple of cvsup servers too. I
usually ping these hosts first to check times. I've never had a problem
getting cvsup'd source from our local mirror though. I haven't checked
ike.egr.msu.edu's ftp site though in ages, so I can't tell you how out
of date that is versus the main site. However cvsup (on ike.egr) always
seems pretty up-to-date to me. Could be 4 hours behind others though for
all I know, but it always has some update for me to grab.

Hope that helps!
./brm