Esteemed Colleagues:

Sorry, we couldn't resist sending this one more time as the abstract
deadline looms!

We wish to bring your attention to a topical session that we are
organizing for the GSA Annual Meeting in Portland this coming October:

T98. Earth Science in Place-Based Teaching (Posters)
National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT); GSA Geoscience
Education Division
Participants will share ideas on using geographically diverse
"places" as contexts for teaching Earth science. Place-based teaching
cultivates local knowledge and encourages the appreciation of
landscapes. The "place" approach also incorporates important cultural
and aesthetic insights.
Geoscience Education; Environmental Geoscience; Geoscience
Information/Communication

This is a poster session, which enables you to take advantage of
GSA's two-abstract policy: "You may present two volunteered abstracts
during the Annual Meeting, as long as one of these abstracts is a
poster presentation."

If this trans-disciplinary topic interests you, please consider
submitting an abstract!  You can access the online submission form at
http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2009AM/cfp.epl.  The abstract submission
deadline is midnight EDT, Tuesday, 11 August 2009.

Thank you,

Kip Ault, Lewis and Clark College  [log in to unmask]
Steve Semken, Arizona State University  [log in to unmask]