Just so you know, after speaking with dell, they will not replace the motherboards anymore.  Just a heads up.

-dak

On 6/29/09 3:52 PM, "Dak Aldrich" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone else is noticing this happning.  I had an SX280, out of warrantee last June, and it started "restarting" on it's own.  Fortunately, I had it's replacement here in the office.

When I opened it up and looked at it, it has the EXACT SAME bulging capacitor issue as the GX 270's had some time ago.  I know Dell extended the motherboard replacement on the GX 270's....  And I'm contacting Dell right now, but I was curious as to how many others might be having this issue?  I thought it was only the GX270's, but... Apparently not.

Has anyone had any dealings with Dell over this issue?

Thanks!

-dak