From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Stefan Ozminski
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Micro SATA adapter

We have an emergency situation at KBS for an important laptop and I was
wondering if someone on MSUNAG has the hardware to help.  The Director
of KBS has a Sony Vaio TT290 laptop that decided not to power up anymore

on Friday morning.  We have been through the troubleshooting steps
online, and I have called support and they decided it needs to be sent
in for service.  Before we let go of the computer, we would like to make

a copy of the hard disk and retrieve some recent files.  However, the
120Gb hard disk has a Micro SATA interface.

Does anyone have a USB to Micro SATA adapter or a Micro SATA to SATA
adapter that has voltage regulation to provide the disk drive with 3.3v
power instead of 5v or 12v power?  It would be worth a trip to campus
for us if you had one.

-Stefan

KBS Computer Services Helpdesk:
269-671-2100 (from campus 199-4427)

Stefan Ozminski
Computer Services
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station
Michigan State University
3700 E. Gull Lake Dr.
Hickory Corners, MI  49060
Phone: 269-671-4427 (from campus 199-4427)