From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Valenti
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 12:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Netmasks and campus AD setup -- was [MSUNAG] Problem with MSUnet Wireless

Doug & others,

Do you have documents on the proper AD setup, since I seem to be
suffering with an improper setup?

My problems are mostly that the clients don't find the AD to
authenticate logins (unless I point client DNS to the AD server), and
clients don't find printers shared off servers reliably. This seemed
to start after upgrading the domain controller from 2000 to 2008.

I just found out that part of my problem might be with the computer
browser service. That used to be on default, but with Windows 2008 it
is off. I restarted it on the 2008 domain controller, but it is only
seeing two other computers. I think it might be related to having
computers in multiple subnets.  I have clients on 35.8.190.x (static),
35.10.64.x & 35.10.69.x (campus dhcp) and 35.15.64.x (restricted to
building access).

thanks for any suggestions!
-John