FYI

There seems to be four different Serial ATA interfaces on the market
now.  The normal "SATA" and SATA II interface is 22 pins if you include
the integrated power interface.  There is also a "Mini SATA", a
"slimline" interface which might or might not be the same as the "Micro
SATA" interface, which is 16 pins.  The data portion of the Micro SATA
interface is the same as the normal SATA interface with 7 pins and a
small nob on one end to form an L shape.

At KBS we have a USB adapter from Apricorn called a DriveWire that
supports 3.5" IDE, 2.5" IDE and normal SATA.  There are about 5
competitors to this product on the market in the $25 to $40 price
range.  There is a new three way USB to SATA adapter from Coolgear that
is advertised to support SATA I & II, Mini SATA and Micro SATA.  The
1.8" hard drive from Toshiba that we have is clearly labeled as a 3.3v
device, which does not match the 5v used by normal SATA, and the new
device does not indicate whether it is voltage regulated for Micro SATA.

What I have found is adapters made by two different companies to convert
from Micro SATA to SATA which specify that they are voltage regulated.
There is an adapter from Startech, but it does not specify that it is
voltage regulated.

The two adapters I found are:
    Custom manufactured by Computer Assembly

http://estore.circuitassembly.com/products/Micro-SATA-to-22-Pin-SATA-Adapter-with-Voltage-Regulator.html?products_id=293
    $56

    From two different sites the specialize in Digital Forensics a
Tableau product

http://www.digitalintelligence.com/cart/ComputerForensicsProducts/MicroSATA-Adapter.html
<http://www.digitalintelligence.com/cart/ComputerForensicsProducts/MicroSATA-Adapter.html>
    $12.99

At the moment, for us shipping time is the problem.

-Stefan

P.S. and then there are some Firewire products with multiple conversion
interfaces, like the Firefly, and they are in the $200 price range.