On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 16:50 -0400, Samone E Jones wrote:
> Thanks Missy,
>
> I?m learning as people respond to my post, that it?s the nature of the
> technology to have to convert the PowerPoint with the projector?s
> software prior to putting it on the USB and plugging the USB into the
> projector and playing it.
>
> So in essence these projectors have to convert the PowerPoint first
> with the projector?s software on a PC
> rather than PC-Less in a sense, which isn?t a terribly big deal ? I
> was just hoping to find one that was truly plug and play ? I was also
> trying to not get less than the latest technology - but I see that is
> the current technology for that function.
>
> Thanks to all that responded.
>
> SJ

BestBuy sells a device named WD TV. It has 2 USB inputs and both analog
and HDMI
video outputs. IF you have a projector that can handle these inputs ,
you could
save the powerpoint slides as individual pix on a USB flash drive. When
you plug
the USB flash drive into the WD TV, it scans for all types of media
files and displays
them on a on screen menu.  In the case of pictures or images you can
select the
directory they are in and opt to click through them one at a time or do
a "slideshow".

WD TV costs $99 and supports DVD and HDTV resolution. It is made to
connect to
your HDTV but works fine with an TV or monitor or projector with either
analog RGB
or HDMI inputs. The remote control is a little small.

I use this at home to display family digital movies, pictures and mp3
files on our HDTV.

It even played .FLV files I downloaded from YouTube !

Barry A. Tigner
Electronics Shop manager
Physics and Astronomy department
517-884-5538