Ehren,

The clients generally use campus dhcp, so it looks like they get
255.248.0.0 for a subnet mask.
I'll have to check whether I used that, or 255.255.255.0 on my static
address servers.

Yes, I had to configure all the clients to use my DC for dns,
otherwise they couldn't login. But I am still having problems
connecting to other network resources, or authenticating on them.

-John