  Sponsors needed for the Michigan Sustainable Stoup Competition

October 25, 2009, Michigan Sustainable Stoup Competition is a fundraiser for
Michigan Envirothon (a non-profit statewide environmental competition that
gives high school students outdoor, hands on experience with nature,
agriculture and the ecology that surrounds it. These are the young adults
who will be the next scientist, foresters, wildlife biologists and farmers.)
The event will be held at the Red Salamander in Grand Ledge, MI. The goal is
to have hundreds of participants from around the state, and hope that the
community comes out for an afternoon of eating a variety of sustainably made
stew and soups as well as a Michigan wine, cider and beer tastings.

What is Sustainable Stoup? It is a soup or a stew that individuals (using a
commercial

kitchen) or restaurants create in which 75% of the ingredients volume (water
doesn't

count) is from Michigan. We may consider switching the requirement to a 100
mile

radius for future competitions. We want to broaden the awareness and support
for locally raised food and encourage individuals to grow their own food in
their backyard or find a nearby farm, CSA or farmer's market where they can
buy their produce and protein. We will have several different categories for
our competitors: 100% local, allergen friendly, organic, youth and
vegetarian; however, we are planning one overall winner.

The goal of the event is to raise $15,000 for Envirothon. SPONSORS ARE STILL
NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT. Our sponsor’s logos will be proudly displayed on the
poster as well as event information. You will also be mentioned as a sponsor
on the 3 fold flyer we are developing to market the event. We will
distribute the flyers around the state and ask that they be handed out at
farmer’s markets, wineries, restaurants, breweries, food co-ops and at your
office or agency. At the event a large banner listing the sponsors and their
level (platinum to bronze), along with their name on the event program will
be displayed. Any tee shirts printed for the event will have sponsor logos
on them. The sponsorship levels are:

$2000+ Platinum Sponsorship (includes the opportunity to be a competition
judge)

$1000 + Gold Sponsorship

$500 + Silver Sponsorship

$300+ Bronze Sponsorship

Prize donations for the winners

Just a reminder, contributions to Michigan Envirothon are fully
tax-deductible as it is incorporated as a 501(c)(3), making it even easier
to become a sponsor! Checks can be made out to Michigan Envirothon and sent
to:

Attn: Svenja Drebes

3001 Coolidge Rd

Suite 250

East Lansing, MI 48823

Thank you and we hope to see

Visit www.michiganorganic.msu.edu for press release announcements for
sponsorships and committee volunteers.

  Participants needed to join planning committees for sustainable stoup
competition

Participants needed to join planning committees to find sponsors, help
market the event to potential competitors and attendees, or donating a prize
for our winners. The plan to is begin advertising during the Farmers Market
season, using poster and/or flyers at farmers markets, wineries and
breweries and competing restaurants, promoting the event all season long.

For more information on how to get involved locally visit
www.mcihiganenvirothon.org or contact Ginger Bardenhagen, Sustainable Stoup
Competition Committee Chair Michigan Dept of Agriculture Conservation
Programs Unit Field Staff (517)930-2121 or [log in to unmask]

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html