So here's a test for us all, now that we have read and fully understand the new administrative ruling--Is the following message from the Alumni Association a violation of the policy?

From a personal point of view I certainly consider it spam. And, if it helps you decide, I don't know of any previous contact I have had with the Alumni Association that should lead them to think I am interested in their job-search services.

From: For Sending Various Club Mailings [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michigan State University
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 5:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Secure Your Job Search

SECURE YOUR JOB SEARCH!

Wednesday, May 13, 9:30 - 12:30 PM at Michigan State University

Residential College at Snyder-Phillips in the Theatre*
Free parking available in Lot #9 between Bogue & Physics Rd.

Including...resume skills, interviewing, networking & LinkedIn

*Snyder-Phillips Theatre is in the Basement, on Bogue & Shaw Lane, CB20 Terrace Level
For more information contact Jennifer at (517) 355-5163.

MSU graduate or alumni: Not sure where to start your job search? Searching for a job? Looking for new job search strategies? Please join us for this free career development event.

Please RSVP to John Hill, Director of Alumni Career Services at [log in to unmask]

*Subject to change, watch for the signs upon your arrival.

John Hill
Alumni Career Services Director
MSU Alumni Association
242 Spartan Way