Chris,

I guess you're mostly asking what are the substantive changes, but it
appears there are numerous changes in wording and style as well.  As an
exercise, I located a copy of the 2007 ruling from Google's Cache.  I then
loaded the 2007 rev into Word, and then the 2009 rev, and did a Compare
between the two.  Word found many changes -- too many for me to sort out
style versus substance.

(Suggestion: keep every version of something as important as an
Administrative Ruling online forever.  It's kind of like losing legislative
history otherwise.)

This appears to be a key substantive change:

Old:

“Bulk *e-mail*” in this context means the transmission of an
*e-mail*message within a short time frame to more than a small set of
recipients who
may not have elected voluntarily to receive the *e-mail*. “Short time frame”
means an interval spanning as long as 2 days. “Small set of recipients”
means the size of individual-recipient address lists (To, CC, BCC fields)
typical of most e-mails in common *use*, ranging from 1, to a few, to as
many as may be involved in a large committee or work group (~20-30).
*Use*of mailing lists and listservs to which recipients may
voluntarily opt in
and opt out is encouraged, and this type of *e-mail* distribution is not
included in the meaning of “bulk *e-mail*” in this document.
New:

*III. Definitions*

A.    Bulk e-mail: The transmission of an identical or substantially
identical e-mail message within a 48 hour period from an internal user to
more than 10 other internal users who have not elected to receive such
e-mail.

/rich