MSU does not backup e-mail on the mail.msu.edu server. At all. Once the mail has been deleted from the server there is no possibility of retrieving it. According to the service status archives, the last backup of the e-mail system was performed October 23, 2007. I assume that this has long been discarded, and is not relevant to this issue anyway.

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      College of Arts and Letters          |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            320 Linton Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-0778 Fax: (517) 355-0159 |