-----Original Message-----
From: Ruiz, Martin
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:16 AM
To: Melia, Patrick (DELEG); Price, Sheree (DELEG); Redmond, Rudy (DELEG)
Cc: Aldrich, Vickie; Harvey, Gary; Trapp, Philip; Johnson-Faith, Brandy
(GOV)
Subject: MCAN

On behalf of Brandy Johnson-Faith, I am sending you the attached PDF
version
of the article "Governor Granholm Unveils Plan to Create the Michigan
College Access Network," published by Michigan Banker. As the article
indicates,"Governor Jennifer M. Granholm is the first to recognize the
undeniable link between education and economic health."  and "Creating a
culture of college in Michigan is a top priority and was truly brought
to the forefront of the education dialogue with the release of the final
report of Lt. Governor*s Cherry Commission on Higher Education &
Economic Growth."

We would very much appreciate it if you could incorporate a copy of this
PDF
in your Web site, as well as sending it through a targeted e-mail to all
of
the people that you consider pertinent, to ensure a thorough
dissemination of this collaborative approach to providing comprehensive
and integrated college access services through the Michigan College
Access Network (MCAN).  As you all know, MCAN includes educators,
business leaders, political officials, community organizations,
non-profits, faith-based organizations,
philanthropists, parents and students working together to ensure that
Michigan's young people reach their full potential.

Reprints of the magazine may be provided to you for additional
promotional
efforts.  Thank you in advance for your kind attention.