Permaculture Weekend

PERMACULTURE WEEKEND MAY 15-17 Friday to Sunday THREE RIVERS,  MI.
Help envision and begin restoration of a venerable former dairy farm,
now 12 acres. $155, plus discounts or work shares.

If you'd like to get more acquainted with permaculture, Beth Neff and
I hope you'll join us at my farm the weekend of May 15-17th. We will
use the farm as a site to learn permaculture principles and get some
hands-on practice. Beth has decades of experience with food and farm
sustainability, and helped develop the Goshen Farmers Market, known
for its innovative approaches.

Friday evening to Sunday noon meals are included. Some lodging is
available. Registration is $155, with a discount for more than one
person or registration by April 24th. Work shares are available.
Please spread the word!
For event brochure and registration form visit
www. michiganorganic.msu.edu under the event tab.

                                                      2009 Southwest
Michigan Harvest Fest

Sunday, September 20, 2009 get ready for another fantastic Harvest
Fest. The fest runs from 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM and is hosted by Tillers
International in Scotts, Michigan, a short ride east from Kalamazoo
and Portage. Admission is just $10 per carload (or $1 per person for
busloads of ten or more) — and admission for bicyclists is free.

Chef and popular lecturer Sherri Brooks Vinton, author of The Real
Food Revival, will discuss how to reclaim the food chain and move from
industrial agriculture to food raised with integrity — and a more
delicious, sustainable future. Plus we'll have more great presenters,
music & dance, growers & vendors, food, a family tent for youngsters,
and fun activities for the whole family!

Check out fresh locally-grown produce and connect with ecologically
sound resources in our community. Exhibitors include farmers,
artisans, eco-villagers, sustainability and natural wellness experts,
and more.
For more information visit http://www.fairfoodmatters.org/harvestfest/

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html