From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 2:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Use for broken iPhone?

At 3/23/2009 01:37 PM Monday, Richard Wiggins wrote:
>The owner might benefit to have it back, in case they had phone
>insurance.  I believe the MSU Union building is still the best central
>campus lost and found.
>
>Or, if you wanted to go way above the call of duty, take it to an AT&T
>store and see if they could look up the owner using the serial number.

Hmm, OK folks, etiquete question:  If I find a lost & broken item, offer
it to somebody else, and they accept, and then I find a way to possibly
return the item to its original owner, is it polite to take the item
back after I already agreed to give it to someone?  Or should I still
give the item away, and leave it up to the next person to follow through
with the lost & found work?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
-- dkm