From: MSU Network Administrators Group [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Al Puzzuoli [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Sandboxie

I've had a play with this, and it actually looks rather cool.  It's
really a nice added layer of security, and the program is quite polished
already.  It even has a feature by which sandboxes can be set to allow
programs within them to communicate with a screen reader.

While working with the program, I didn't notice any performance hits,
and a high percentage of applications ran without a hitch.  However, use
of Sandboxie does introduce some extra complexity. For example, If I ran
my browser in a sandbox, I couldn't get the connection to my Netgear SSL
VPN Concentrator to work properly.  Admittedly though, I didn't spend a
lot of time on it, and there may have very well been a way.

Al