Greetings fellow bit-wranglers:

We’re beginning to purchase Thinkpads, and in trying to reload Windows XP, we find that Lenovo is not supplying all of the drivers and software on their web site for download.  After applying the downloads they provide, we still have multiple unknown devices listed in Device Mgr, and, we are also missing the Sonic DVD writing software we paid extra for.  The discs they provide do not include any of these, but rather just a restoration of their horrible disk image.  I know many of you do your own reloads as well – how are you handling this with Thinkpads?

Have a great weekend.

Brian Hoort

Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics Computer Service

Michigan State University

(517) 355-4701

Skype: brian_hoort