Your suggestion seems to be completely workable.

Thanks Dave.

Firm.

From: Graff, Dave [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:58 PM
To: Charlot, Firmin
Subject: RE: Atomic Time Clock question

Is it absolutely essential that these computers be on a physically separated network? It seems like you could run these computers behind a firewall/NAT/proxy/whatever that only allows UDP 123 outbound and nothing inbound which would get the job done without that added hardware costs of an atomic clock. So long as the management options are only accessible from behind this border device, the security risk should be effectively zero.