1. Dimondale Farmers’ Market
The Dimondale Farmers’ Market operates June-October on Thursdays for –7p.m. It is located at 136 N. Bridge St., Dimondale, in the Village parking lot. The market has been met with community support and vendors’ praise.
The Dimondale Farmers’ Market has a focus on providing our community with healthy, regionally produced food and food products. We firmly believe in supporting out local agriculture. The market is designed to bring families, neighbors, visitors and local producers together to create a spirit of community, enhance the quality of life and strengthen the local economy.
They are currently accepting applications for the 2009 season. For more information or an application, contact our representative, Mary Sue at 517-646-6189.
2. Great Things Are Happening in March at the Flint Farmers’ Market
1. FREE Smart Cooking - Healthy Eating Classes & Seminars will start beginning Tuesday, March 3, 2009 and continuing every Tuesday at the Flint Farmers’ Market. Those in attendance will learn to prepare new, simple, healthy, quick, snacks and meals each week from the Genesee Intermediate School District (GISD) Health & Nutrition Services Team. Classes will be held at two times each Tuesday; 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. in the lower level Garden Room at the market! For more information call the GISD 591-5133 or go to the market website at www.flintfarmersmarket.com. No pre-registration is required.
2. Get Fresh Greens Saturdays at the Market! The students of King’s Karate are now at the market every Saturday selling fresh locally grown greens from their own hoop house in the Beecher area. King’s Karate students now offer proof it is possible to grow fresh vegetables in Michigan right through the winter. During the week, they work in the hoop house, planting and cultivating, and every Saturday they harvest their greens and bring them to the market to sell. Fresh, locally grown greens are rare treat during the winter.
3. Bundles are Great Deals! Inside the market Coykendall Produce and Knob Hill Meats have combined to offer Food Bundles to their customers. For prices ranging from $29.99, $49.99, $79.99, to $99.99 customers can buy a fixed amount of fresh produce and meat. For more information or to order go to www.flintfarmersmarket.com or call Coykendall Produce at 810.449.8060 or Knob Hill Meats at 810.449.2785.
The Flint Farmers’ Market is located at 420 East Boulevard Drive in Flint just off I-475 and Robert T. Longway Blvd. Exit 8A, across from the main post office.If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html