All:

The physics ed research listserve is having exactly the same conversation about qualitative coding software as we were. Here is another recommended software program

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rachel Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date: March 4, 2009 10:46:21 PM GMT-05:00
Subject: Re: Qualitative Analysis Software

charles, the people I work with (who do a lot of qualitative analysis) use InqScribe and love it.  It's developed mostly for transcription and subtitling, but you can also code in it.  For the really high-powered coding business they use Atlas.ti.  I haven't used either, myself.

Rachel

Rachel Scherr
Visiting Scholar
Learning, Media, and Interaction Group
Everyday Science and Technology Group
LIFE Center, University of Washington

Research Assistant Professor
Physics Education Research Group
Department of Physics, University of Maryland

http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~rescherr/