Dear colleagues,

Please find below the following request from researchers at the University
of Northampton in the UK. I'd be grateful if you would forward this to
anyone you think might be interested.

Best wishes,

Helen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helen King Consultancy

Personal & Professional Development in Higher Education

http://www.helenkingconsultancy.co.uk

(001) 703 505 3358

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you help? Experiences of Earth Scientists with 'disabling' conditions.

We are conducting a research project exploring experiences of academics and
researchers with "a physical or mental [condition] that has a substantial
and long-term... effect on... day-to-day activities" (UK Disability
Discrimination Act 2004, part I). The project is funded by the UK Higher
Education Academy's Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences (GEES)
Subject Centre.

If you work within a GEES discipline, and have personal experience any
'disabling' condition (this might include: long-term illness; mobility
difficulties; sensory impairments; mental health problems; compulsive
behaviours; alcohol/substance misuse; learning/communication difficulties;
'hidden' disabilities), please consider completing our anonymous online
survey via the following link:

https://survey.northampton.ac.uk/gees_project

survey will be used to produce case study and training materials for use
within GEES disciplines.

If you require the questionnaire in an alternative format, please email

Many thanks,

Faith Tucker and John Horton (The University of Northampton)

Dr. John Horton

Centre for Children and Youth,

Park Campus,

The University of Northampton,