Transana is also very cool; you can do some nice linking of actual
audio with transcriptions:

http://www.transana.org/

My group has been playing around with NVivo and Transana, and we
haven't found one to be better than the other - it really depends on
what the use will be. I think NVivo is better if there are thousands
of codes that need to be interlinked (such as with ethnographic
research)

On Mar 4, 2009, at 11:41 AM, Nievita Bueno Watts wrote:

> I would be interested in this discussion.
>
> Nievita Bueno Watts
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Heather Petcovic <[log in to unmask]
> > wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> We are looking at purchasing qualitative analysis software, either
> Ethnograph or NVivo. I was wondering if users could share their
> experiences (good or bad) working with either package. Please reply
> off-list: [log in to unmask]
>

> Thanks,
>
> Heather
>

> *******************
>
> Heather L. Petcovic
>
> Assistant Professor
>
> Department of Geosciences and
>
> The Mallinson Institute for Science Education
>
> Western Michigan University
>
> Kalamazoo, MI 49008

> 269-387-5488 (Geosciences)
>
> 269-387-5380 (Science Education)
>
> 269-387-5513 FAX
>

> --
> Nievita Bueno Watts
> Division of Curriculum and Instruction
> Science Education
> Arizona State University

Julie Libarkin
Assistant Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Dept. of Geological Sciences & Division of Science and Math Education
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-355-8369