I have a related question:

What are the requirements for hardware that will be needed?

For example: It’s reasonable that one would need a pretty good scanner to scan in receipts etc since this will be a web based system.    As we prepare for this system, are there other hardware items that one should consider?  Another one that came to mind is a dual monitor or extra wide monitor setup.

Firm.

From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Gift
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 9:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] New Accounting System Question

Lee:

The new system will go into production 1 July 2010.  The new chart of accounts and ledger string will be introduced soon, this spring, so that units can begin planning how they want their accounts to be structured, and what detailed information they may wish to embed in the customizable portions of the ledger string to support their accounting information needs.

The answer to your second question is generally "yes", but the exact details will depend on configuration and access control choices, the parameters of which are not yet established.  The finance team has this on their to-do list.

- Dave