Of Mice and Men.

Windows is Lenny, an unstoppable force that excels at... one or two things
and is limited in every other regard.  You, the admin, are George.  A person
who is trying to get by the best he can with the hand dealt to him but on
the verge of losing patience once and for all with Lenny and trying to avoid
doing what must be done.  Your soul is Curley's wife.  Once a beautiful
thing that wanted nothing more than to explore. Now dead.

That should tell you everything you need to know about a Windows network.