HP ProCurve 1800-8G
http://www.provantage.com/hewlett-packard-hp-j9029a-aba~7HEWN1AK.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of STeve Andre'
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for a good, $100 class 1G switch

   I have just discovered that my 1G switch, a $40ish thing from Newegg
is doing bizarre things when I move files around here in my office.  Overall
I seem to get 13M/sec, as opposed to 35M/sec if I hook the laptop directly
to another system.  Worse, the data moves in fits and spurts, so I think I'm
overloading the little things brain.

   Thus I ask if there are decent switches somewhere around  $100 that
actually work at G speeds.  For $300 I know I can get good stuff, but
cheaper?  I have $100+ that I can spend.

Thanks!

--STeve Andre'