From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of John Valenti
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Outlook 2007 IMAP deleted messages

hi,

I have someone using Outlook 2007 to access mail.msu.edu via IMAP.
When she deletes a message, it is marked for deletion on the server.
She would prefer it be moved to a deleted message folder on the local
computer (or perhaps on the server).

I thought we used to do this with Outlook 2003 or 2000, but researching it,
people seem to say Outlook can't be configured that way when using IMAP.

Anybody have a work around for this?

It seemed like it might be possible to create a button that would move the
selected message to a Deleted Messages folder, but I wanted to check with
NAG before digging into that deeper.

-John

PS - I don't think there needs to be anything special about the deleted
messages folder. It could just be a regular folder, no further processing
would be required on those messages.  She just wants to be able to find them
if they were deleted accidently.