Julie, I am up in Calgary giving my talk and thought about something that has been bothering me about the GCI. We see essentially no improvement with high pretesters which either means they didnlt improve their conceptual understanding or that the 15 item subtest is simply not sensitive enough (i mean if they get 12 right on the pre test there really isn't much room for improvement). For those using the gci for research this can be very limiting. Should we think about maybe doing a 45 quetsion 'research-grade' gci subtest for researchers that has more high end sensitivity (especially if we want to study more advanced learners)?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Julie Libarkin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 2/4/09 1:12 PM
Subject: Subscribing to the list

All:

If you have colleagues who would like to subscribe to the listserv,
please send them these instructions:

To subscribe to this list, send an email to [log in to unmask]
with the following text in the first line of the body of the message:

     SUBSCRIBE GEOED-RESEARCH FirstName LastName

Thanks,
Julie

Julie Libarkin
Assistant Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Dept. of Geological Sciences & Division of Science and Math Education
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-355-8369