Here are several  good links I hope they help

Tibi Marin
NASA Dryden AESP

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~braile/edumod/waves/WaveDemo.htm

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learning/topics/?topicID=63

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/PlaneSeismicWaves/

http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/IDV_for_GEON_focal.html

and if anyone is interested in coming to CA and study close and personal the San Andreas Fault please let me know I live closer to it,  I also can take pictures and send them to you.