Really, I'm just trying to allay my curiosity.  There's an option where in you can turn off the display of user shares in selection lists and unless I'm missing some reason of burning importance to keep them, I think I'll make them go away.  Getting rid of them will make navigating through the list via the keyboard so much easier!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the responses.

Al

From: Charlot, Firmin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:08 PM
To: Al Puzzuoli
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Backup Exec, Shares and Selection lists?

It seems that it would be redundant. What is the issue you are trying to solve?

Firm.

On Jan 28, 2009, at 11:57 AM, "Al Puzzuoli" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I'm a bit confused as to how Backup Exec handles shares in selection lists?  let's say for example, I had a shared folder, d:\stuff, and was sharing that folder using the share name MyStuff.  If I add the whole D drive of the machine in question to a selection list, then isn't it redundant to add the share as well?  if I do add them both, what's the net result?

Thanks,

Al

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3806 (20090128) __________

http://www.eset.com