If that’s true, and they don’t read the NAG, I’d LOVE to find out how they’re doing it.  Office 2007 no longer is just a native MSI installer and needs to be setup driven, like stupid Adobe products.  I’d thought of just doing the Office Customization Wizard (invoked from running setup.exe with the /admin switch) and generating the .MSP patch so it has the options configured the way I want as well as eliminating the activation process, and then just using GPO to put an install icon on the Desktop, but since I can’t guarantee that the user is an admin (though it’s easy enough to check), and I want the installer to execute as SYSTEM, I don’t want to do it this way.

So if you can pass this along to them, that’d be fantastic.  I’m obviously not the only one interested in the GPO solution.  I wouldn’t care at all if we had SMS or SCCM2007, but I don’t, so I need GPOs for now J

Thanks!

Jon

Jon Galbreath

MCSE/Security+