So far it reminds me of Vista.  Worked fine installing and running in VMWare Fusion, just set the VM as type "Vista" and the VMWare Tools installed just fine.

Looks like they removed the Windows Mail and Windows Calendar, at least from this beta.  I didn't really use Vista much, so I don't know if the WordPad in that version used the Office ribbon, but the version in Windows 7 does.

I guess I don't understand the links and pins to the taskbar at the bottom.  Oh well, something to play with.

-t