On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Peter J Murray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
What's wrong with PostgreSQL?

Anyone have any commentary on it? Its a decent product from what I understand. I think MySQL is just more popular?

I am happy using Postgres(and I do on a daily basis) but replication and certain aspects of management of Postgres *from my perspective* are a nightmare.

In my opinion, MySQL is easier to manage and I think that may be a key factor as to why it is so popular with many in the open source community.

That being said, I know that there are a lot of people that feel that Postgres is more standards compliant and full featured than MySQL. I think ultimately it all comes down to a difference in style.
--Ray