At the risk of starting one of those holy wars, I will make this comment:
If I have to pay $20,000 for an Oracle license (as we did nine years
ago) I would go for MySQL.
If Oracle is going to have a nominal price, then I will go for Oracle
before MySQL any day.

Does Oracle has problems? Absolutely yes, as MySQL and Postgress, and
windows, and linux and everything else does, but I think that it still
is superior than MySQL in many areas.

Of course, I am very well aware of the fact that most folks who favor
linux and open source will go for MySQL.

When you have an Oracle installation properly setup, you can just forget
about it and it will always be running.

--
Oscar Castaneda
Michigan State University