  I was just reading in the Organic Broadcaster that the USDA is seeking
public comment on deregulating GE corn for ethanol.  Comments may be
submitted online until tomorrow, January 20.  Here is the article:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection
Service (APHIS) is seeking public comment on a petition to deregulate
corn genetically engineered (GE) to produce a microbial enzyme that
facilitates ethanol production.  If APHIS grants the Syngenta Seeds,
Inc. petition for deregulation, the GE corn and its progeny would no
longer be regulated articles. The product could then be freely moved and
planted without the requirement of permits or other regulatory oversight
by APHIS.  Comments may be submitted online or by mail until January 20,
2009.  www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/content/2008/11/deregcorn.shtml
(ATTRA)

Instead of typing in that entire address line, I just typed in
aphis/deregcorn and it popped up.  Then just click comments.

Please send out to all list serves you all know about!!  Thanks.

Lucy Hartlove

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html