Quoting "Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Oh, I don't know about that. Regardless of how one might feel about Danny, I
> think it's important information for anyone considering taking a new
> position on campus.

Someone else called this thread to my attention. I'm hesitant to post any reply or
info since it's late and off-topic. But I think it's important to provide corrective
information..... This is the only post I will make about the matter.

The operative language in the APA contract  regarding job transfers / trial periods
is in paragraph 55 which now starts out:

"An employee who changes position within the Bargaining Unit shall serve
up to
 a six (6) month trial period."

I've italicized the words that as I recall were changed or added. As I recall
"position" used to be "classification" --

Rather than elaborate on the matter further myself, below is a reprint of
the tentative agreement summary item that addressed this change:

Once we understood the problem and concerns and the way the old language was constraining opportunity, the parties agreed to change the Trial  Period language so that any employee who changes positions (rather than changing classification) within the Bargaining Unit will serve ?up to? a six month trial period. We also clarified the language to make it clear that a shorter trial period may be applied.

--
Leo Sell, Academic Technology Help Desk

Let's eschew obfuscation!